This recipe is a ‘one bowl wonder’ only taking 5 minutes of your time. Best thing is, there’s hardly any washing up.
You will find options throughout the recipe, including a gluten and dairy free option.
Before we get going, this recipe is cooked in the microwave, however if you don’t like using a microwave you can simply bake in the oven on 180 degrees in oven proof dishes. Cooking times will vary greatly depending on size of dish.
- 4 tbsp self raising flour (or almond meal for a gluten free alternative)
- 2 tbsp Natvia, Rapidura or coconut sugar (or you can replace with equal quantity of your choice of sugar)
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk (rice milk, almond milk or oat milk will also work as a dairy alternative)
- 3 tbsp olive or coconut oi (or melted butter)
- 3 tbsp good quality dark chocolate chopped finely (you can find dairy and gluten free chocolate in health food stores)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Variations: 1 tsp instant coffee powder/1 tbsp orange zest/ 3 chopped fresh dates
- In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients (flour, natvia, cocoa) and combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Into this bowl, add the wet ingredients (egg, milk, oil, vanilla essence) and the chopped chocolate.
- Add the variations if using any.
- Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Divide mixture among 2 microwave safe mugs.
- Optional variation: Place a teaspoon of peanut butter in the centre of the filled mug and mixture YUM!).
- Place in microwave and cook one at a time
- Cooking times will vary as microwaves settings are very different form one another. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute and check to see if cooked. Pudding should be firm but will also have a soft centre. Continue to cook on 10 second intervals until cooked to your liking.
- If using the oven,180 degrees in small oven proof dishes. Cook for approx 10 minutes though depending upon the size of the dish used, cooking time may take up to 20 minutes.
KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD LOVE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT!