Lots of people have been asking us for the recipe after we posted this photo on our facebook page. So, here it is for you to make. So simple, and quick.
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (peeled and chopped into matchbox sized pieces).
- 2 medium onions (skin removed and cut into quarters)
- 2 whole spring onions (white ends and roots removed)
- 3 whole tomatoes (or 1 can of tinned tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups stock (chicken, vegetable or beef)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder or curry paste of your choice
- Throw, yes throw, all ingredients into a large pot. Place lid on, and bring to the boil. When the soup reaches the boil, reduce to medium heat and let simmer for 20 mins or until potato is cooked through.
- Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Like most of our recipes, it’s THAT simple!
Sweet potatoes are low GI (glycaemic index) so they are a good source of long lasting energy that will not spike your blood sugar levels. They are also high fibre that helps to keep you full and high in vitamin A, an important antioxidant for healthy skin, hair, nails and good vision. Tomatoes and tomato paste contain lycopenes, shown to prevent some cancers.
This soup is perfect to take to work for lunch and you can even use it as a delicious pasta sauce.
Stay happy and healthy,
the Nutrition Guru and The Chef.
You may also like to take a peek at our
- Potato and Onion Soup (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Potato and Tomato Soup (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)