By: The Nutrition Guru
When I was a kid, my mum used to chomp chomp chomp on golden corn cobs with salt and pepper. It was her favourite snack. I remember the juices used to squirt out and always get spashed all over me.
So thinking of corn, I made a fresh corn soup with juicy sweet corn from the farmers market. Corn is full of fibre and contains thaimine and folate. Here is the recipe.
- 2 cobs corn (or 1 can of creamed corn)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion peeled, chopped and sliced finely
- 3 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream, light cream, or milk (optional)
- pinch of nutmeg (to serve)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the husks from the corn
- Run your knife along the corn kernels as close to the cob as possible, to remove all the corn kernels.
- Put all ingredients except for the cream/milk if using, in a large saucepan.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Blend until smooth adding the milk/cream as you blend.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg