I myself have a sweet tooth. My dreams would come true if I could eat icecream all day.
Take a look at this easy and nutritious recipe. It only takes minutes to make and perfect for people who are dairy or gluten intolerant or vegan.
And why not make two flavours? To make plain banana, just omit the cocoa from the recipe.
- 3 medium size bananas (frozen)
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa (take your pick)
- 1 cup brazil nuts.
- Honey (if required)
- Place the brazil nuts in a blender and blend until the nuts form a smooth paste.
- Add the frozen bananas and cacao continue to blend until mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Taste the mixture. Depending on the ripeness of the bananas, you may not need to add any sweetener. I added 1 tsp honey.
- Place the mixture into a container and freeze.
- When ready to serve, pull the container from the freezer and let soften for 1/2 hour.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs
- Free from additives, preservatives, processed sugar, additives and colours
- Bananas and nuts are good sources of potassium to help regulate blood pressure, and fibre for a healthy digestive system.
- Nuts contain protein for growth and repair as well as heart healthy monounsaturated fats and add delicious flavour for this ice cream.
- Brazil nuts are particularly high in the mineral selenium, with one brazil nut providing more than your recommended dietary intake of this nutrient. Selenium toxicity can occur, so something to keep in mind before eating 5 bowls full of this icecream every day (although I know you will want to!).