The Perfect Pancake Recipe
- 260g Self Raising Flour
- 110 Grams Caster sugar or Coconut Sugar (low G.I)
- 275 ml Maleny Dairies Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon juice to the milk
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to this bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another large bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Place a frying pan on medium to high heat.
- For each pancake you will need 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the olive oil to the pan. Holding the handle, swirl the oil to coat the surface of the pan.
- Ladle the batter into the hot pan
- Cook until you see bubbles forming on top of the batter (after approximately 2 minutes)
- Turn the heat down to low and flip the pancake using a spatula
- Continue to cook for approximately 1 minute.
- To check whether the pancake is ready, carefull poke a skewer or tip of knife into the centre of a pancake. Pancake is done if it comes out clean.
- To serve, pile high and drizzle with maple syrup, bananas, berries and a dollop of delicious Maleny Dairies cream.
The Chef’s pancakes are my favourite. Light, fluffy, flavoursome.
I’m surprised he’s shared his recipe with you actually. Consider yourself super lucky!