This delight isn’t one of our low fat low sugar recipes, although it certainly is a delicious little treat.
Following our healthy eating philosophy, a small amount of ‘naughtiness’ once in a while is not going to hurt. Consciously choosing to eat a wide range of healthy foods MOST of the time is our secret. This way, we allow ourselves a little treat every so often and take pleasure in it without feeling guilty, as the rest of the week we have eaten fresh wholesome and nutritious foods.
To serve, we have used teeny tiny china tea cups which hold 1/2 cup of our ‘potion’. The perfect little ‘sweetie treatie’ size. It’s smooth, it’s rich and it’s decadent. A recipe you can whip up in a flash to impress, and can be served hot or cold.
- 500ml Cream (we love local Sunshine Coast Maleny Dairies cream and milk products http://www.malenydairies.com/theproducts.htm
- 500ml Milk
- 3 tbsp plain flour (or gluten free flour if required)
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 250 grams chopped dark chocolate
- 1 vanilla bean scraped, or 2 tsp of vanilla essence
- Peel of 1 orange (optional).
Method: Now the trick here is to whisk whisk whisk!
- Place flour and caster sugar into saucepan on medium heat.
- Pour milk and cream into the pan over the top of the flour and sugar slowly and whisk together.
- Keep whisking and bring to the boil.
- Peel the orange just like you would peel a potato, taking care not to peel to deep into the white peel.
- Whisk in the chopped chocolate, vanilla bean, and orange peel.
- Turn heat down to low
- Continue to whisk mixture for 5 mins until it starts to thicken and go silky smooth. There should be no lumps
- Remove orange peel and vanilla bean
- Serve hot for a devilish treat on a cold night.
- Or, place in fridge and mixture will thicken and set.
- Enjoy, savour it!
One thought on “Chocolate Potion”
Pingback: Creamy White Chocolate Chai and Vanilla Pots | The Nutrition Guru and the Chef