- 1 medium sized sweet potato (chopped into matchbox sized pieces).
- 2 medium onions (skin removed and cut into quarters)
- 2 whole spring onions (white ends and roots removed)
- 3 whole tomatoes (or 1 can of tinned tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups stock (chicken, vegetable or beef)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder or curry paste of your choice
- Throw (yes throw) all ingredients into a large pot. Place lid on, and bring to the boil. When the soup reaches the boil, reduce to medium heat and let simmer for 20 mins or until potato is cooked through.
- Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Like most of our recipes, it’s THAT simple!
Sweet potatoes have a low GI (glycaemic index) so they are a good source of long lasting energy . They are also high fibre that helps to keep you full and high in vitamin A – an important antioxidant for healthy skin, hair, nails and good vision. Tomatoes and tomato paste contain lycopene, shown to prevent some cancers.
This soup is perfect to take to work for lunch and you can even use it as a delicious pasta sauce.
10 thoughts on “Sweet Potato and Tomato Soup”
This sounds like such a great combination of flavors. I can’t wait to try…thanks for sharing!
It’s so easy and very yummy. You could add cream if you wanted to add another flavour!
Yum! I made it tonight and it was delicious! I put a bit of parmesan on top! Thank you for another great recipe!
OH great! Thanks for letting us know how it went. If there’s any other recipes you are after let us know!
This sounds delicious and the colour is very beautiful. I shall have to add this to my list of must-makes. Thank you 🙂
It really is lovely. Let us know if you make it
Mmmm! This sounds delicious!
It’s great as a pasta sauce too!
hey tara, would love some more vego recipes 🙂
Of course Nikki! I’ve been vego for about 12 months as I can’t swallow foods. Will try and update the blog soon with some vego-licious options!