It’s light, its fluffy and it tastes delicious. Even better still, it takes about 3 minutes and only uses 3 ingredients.
With no eggs or milk, this mousse is dairy free, gluten free and suitable for vegans.
You will need to put a can of coconut cream in the fridge the night before you make this to thicken it up.
Without sounding like a spoil sport, I do have to let you know that this recipe is still a mousse and as such, considered a ‘sometimes’ food. Served in a 30ml shotglass is the perfect portion for a delicious treat.
Makes 4 shotglasses
- 1 – 2 cans coconut cream (you will need 1 cup of the solidified coconut cream from the top of the can for this recipe. Because every brand differs you may require 2 cans to obtain 1 cup of solidified coconut cream).
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Open the canned coconut cream and carefully scoop the solidified cream from the top of the can into a large bowl. Underneath with be milky water. Set this aside for in smoothies or curries.
- Add the cocoa powder and rice malt syrup to the bowl.
- Using electric beaters, beat the mixture for approximately 3 minutes. The mixture should become light and fluffy.
- Scoop into a large serving bowl, or small individual moulds. Pictured, we have used glass shot glasses.
- Eat as is, or refrigerate for 2 hours which will chill and set the mixture.
- To serve, top with grated white chocolate (not dairy free) or dried coconut.
Looking for a deliciously heallthy cake recipe? Check out the Chia Chocolate Cake, a real winner.
Stay happy and healthy,
The Nutrition Guru and The Chef