Trying to up your vegetable intake? Looking for a way to get your kids to eat vegetables?
Try this easy and healthy way of making a delicious pasta sauce packed full of flavour, and nutrients!
The first step is to follow the recipe for making Baked Pumpkin here.
- When pumpkin has finished baking, reserve a handful of segments to garnish your pasta with.
- Place the rest in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If you leave it until the pumpkin goes cold, it won’t be as smooth.
- Here you have a delicious pumpkin sauce.
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions and drain.
- Place pumpkin back in the large saucepan (no heat) that the pasta was boiling in (minus the water) and stir through some of the pasta sauce.
- Add a little at a time to prevent over-doing the sauce.
- Garnish with salt and pepper
Other serving suggestions:
- Serve with parmesan
- Steamed snow peas
- Add frozen peas as you are adding the sauce and keep on the heat until peas are cooked.
- Slices chicken breast
- Steamed broccoli
- Blue Cheese