Love love love noodle salad. The Chef and I are both noodle heads, I don’t think we go a day without noodles making it into our menu somewhere.
For this dish I have used Konjac noodles, which are high in fibre and gluten free but you can use any noodles. Udon, soba, buckwheat, egg noodles – it’s up to you.
You know by now that I can’t stand washing up, and as such I like to make ‘one bowl wonders’. That’s what this is, throw it in, toss it around, done.
It’s cold, it’s light, it’s zingy and refreshing. The herbs just make it pop in your mouth.
Perfect for picnics, barbeques, or a dish to make when you can’t be bothered to cook.
- Cook and drain your choice of noodles according to instructions on the packet.
- Run under cold water to remove excess starch and prevent noodles from sticking together.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and add pickled ginger (available from supermarkets in the asian food section)
- Add whole mint and basil leaves
- Dress with a splash of soy sauce, and if you have some, a squeeze of lime.
- Toss with your hands to combine. Don’t be too rough
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- If you have time, place in the fridge to chill. But if you are like me, you will just dig in straight away.
- Cook frozen peas, and sprinkle through the salad. The green will make everyone’s eyeballs fall in love with this dish.
- Add left over chicken, or shred a bbq chicken from the supermarket. Yum.
- Serve with salmon fillets
- This would be magnificent with a plate of oysters at a bbq.
- Serve with grilled pork chops marinated in soy sauce.
Stay happy and healthy…
The Nutrition Guru and The Chef