I make this banana bread every couple of days because it’s the perfect snack for baby and me. On busy days, I also serve it for breakfast with some sliced fruit. It’s perfect for lunch boxes – for kids and adults!
It only takes a couple of minutes to make as it contains only a few ingredients, and it contains no table sugar – it’s sweetened with bananas.
Super Simple Banana Bread for Toddlers
Serves: 12 slices
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour (or wholemeal plain flour)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
NOTE: If you only have self-raising flour in your pantry, this is fine! simply use equal quantity of self raising flour and omit the baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Blend bananas until smooth.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, add the flour and baking powder then add the bananas and mix to combine, but don’t overwork the batter, otherwise it will turn out rubbery.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 mins or until skewer comes out clean
- Add 1/2 cup cocoa to make a chocolatey banana loaf
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Arrange finely sliced apple on the top of the mixture before baking