After a healthy snack to get you through the week? Be it for the kids lunch boxes, your work snacks, or a weekend picnic – our Sweet Potato and Oat bars will do the trick. Packed full of nutrition, and super simple and quick to make.
Sweet Potato and Oat Bars
- 2 cups of almond meal (or equal quantity of spelt flour, or equal quantity wholemeal plain flour)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sultanas (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated raw sweet potato (skin included)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or any oil you wish to use
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper
- Place almond meal, oats, sultanas and baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl
- Stir well to combine
- Grate the sweet potato and add to the mixture
- Stir well to combine, but if you are using plain flour – do not overmix the batter or it will turn out rubbery)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs lightly
- Add the oil to the eggs and whisk lightly to incorporate
- Add this mixture to the sweet potato and almond meal mixture, then add the honey or maple syrup
- Stir well to combine all ingredients, but do not overmix
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined loaf pan
- Optional: you may wish to sprinkle with crushed nuts or seeds such as pumpkin or sesame to decorate
- Bake for 30 minutes, until brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin to cool.
4 thoughts on “Sweet Potato and Oat Bars”
Hi would this freeze ok? I’m looking for healthy snacks i can prepare ahead of time
It freezes well!
Hi there, these sound delicious. Are they suitable for freezing after baked?
It sure does!